So I had planned on having another post ready by now. I’ve combined everything I’ve learned so far and started work on a very simple game, or so I thought. I currently find myself staring at 4 pages of assembly code and 6 pages of assembler output trying to resolve a couple of roadblocks.
One, I need to figure out how to convert a user input number (string) to a decimal number. Two, I put a break (BRK) instruction in the code to stop it at a certain point for debugging, but it only breaks out of a loop then continues. I need to figure out why.
Even though I’ve stumbled I still feel it’s an overall success. Almost 30 years ago I would never have been debugging, much less looking at, 4 pages of assembly code that I wrote!
An update will appear once I get past these hurdles.